Our Mid-Winter Concert is coming up quickly. Here are the details!
1. Concert is Thursday, Feb. 23 at Beach Park Middle School in the Gym. Performance starts at 7:00pm.
2. Concert Attire: Symphonic Band - Uniforms. Concert Band - Black Pants/Shoes/Socks and White Shirt
3. Symphonic Band students need to be ready to go in the Band Room at 6:30pm (band room opens at 6:00 for uniforms)
4. Concert Band students will meet in the cafeteria at 6:30pm.
5. We have all worked very hard to insure a quality performance. Attendance is required of each band member, and is a significant part of your child's grade. If you student becomes ill before the concert, PLEASE contact us immediately. Each child plays an important part in the ensemble.
We look forward to seeing you all at our concert!
-Mrs. Grabot & Mrs. Eikenberry
Terra Herberger, an 8th grade bass clarinet player at Beach Park Middle School, was selected to participate in the second annual All-Illinois Junior Band, which took place at the University of Illinois Campus in Champaign, Illinois during Martin Luther King Jr. weekend.
While hundreds of students from all over the state applied, only 80 were accepted to participate in this highly selective ensemble through a rigorous blind audition process. These students spent many hours in rehearsal on Friday and Saturday, January 13 and 14th, with prolific composer, arranger and director, Douglas Akey. The students performed an amazing Saturday afternoon concert in the Foellinger Great Hall at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, with guest performance by the Vernon Hills High School Wind Ensemble. The All-Illinois Junior Band performed Triumphant Fanfare by Richard Saucedo, Appalachian Morning by Robert Sheldon, Blue Ridge Reel by Brian Balmages, and Tales of the Emerald Isle and Wild Dance, both composed by Douglas Akey.
Thursday, April 25-Sunday, April 28