Attention all Symphonic & Concert Band Students! You are invited to join the Zion-Benton High School Marching Band at the ZB Football Game on Friday, October 6th for Middle School Band Night. Here is a breakdown of what to expect:
6:00PM- Students can enter the building through the ZB Athletic/Pool Entrance. Go to the choir room to meet the rest of our band and check in with Mrs. Grabot or Ms. Buchanan.
6:45PM- Massed band rehearsal in ZBTHS South Cafeteria
7:00PM- High School Band lines up to march to field
7:10PM- Middle school bands make their way down to the field
7:25PM- Approximate performance time for Pregame - We're playing "Hand Clap"
7:35PM- Approximate Pregame finish. Return to homerooms to drop of instruments
7:45PM- Students return to stands to sit as a group for first half of the football game
8:20-8:40 (approximate)- ZBTHS Band Halftime Show
Following halftime, all students are dismissed.
Make sure you turn in your permission forms if you want to attend. All participating students receive a free t-shirt.
Welcome Back to School, Band Students & Parents!
We are so excited to begin another year of school and music-making in the Beach Park Band Program. Please be sure to look around this website and check out our calendar for all of the important events this year, as well as our handbook to learn more about our class expectations, curriculum, and other important information. It's going to be a great year!!
What an awesome year of band at BPMS!
Now that we're heading into summer, you should consider signing up for summer band! Here is more information.
Don't forget to practice a little bit this summer so you don't forget all of the amazing things you've learned this year!
On SATURDAY, APRIL 8, 2017, the Beach Park Band Booster Organization will be holding its 10th Annual Festival of Fine Arts. This event has evolved into a district wide showcase, featuring all of the fine artistic offerings of Beach Park Schools for an evening of musical, artistic, and cultural entertainment. The Festival of Fine Arts will be taking place at Beach Park Middle School.
The Beginner, Cadet, Concert, and Symphonic Bands will be playing, as well as the choir. We will also be featuring musical performances from Howe, Oak Crest, and Kenneth Murphy grade schools, and we will have art displays from all district schools. We are thrilled to be able to bring the district together for this event! This is also the only program during the year in which all the bands perform together. It is an excellent opportunity for the band members and parents to see and hear how the students progress in our district’s band program.
The Band Boosters and BPMS Family and Consumer Science classes will have a variety of foods to tempt your taste buds. We also have several vendors this year, including Scentsy, doTerra, LuLaRoe and many other amazing artisans who will be selling their products. Please bring cash or check, as we are unable to process credit or debit cards.
We ask that all parents attend this program, and feel free to bring along any friends or relatives as well! This is an informal concert, and there is no charge. The doors will open at 9:00 A.M. We do ask that you please do not leave your child at the doors – this is a family event, and there will be a couple thousand people at BPMS.
Beginner and CONCERT Bands needs to report to their seats in the gym by 10:20 AM and be ready to play at 10:30 AM. CADET and Symphonic Band members need to report to their seats in the gym by 1:00 PM for their 1:15 performance.
The raffle drawing will be held immediately following our final performance of the day.
All band students must wear the appropriate band shirt designated for their band. This means BLUE band shirts for Beginner, Cadet and Concert Band, and RED band shirts for Symphonic Band.
STUDENTS NEED TO ARRIVE EARLY TO INSURE A TIMELY PERFORMANCE. THANK YOU!!
If a student is unable to attend, please contact us as soon as possible at Beach Park Middle School. As per our grading policy, all performances are required.
Congratulations to the BPMS Symphonic Band for their FIRST PLACE RATING at the Northern Illinois Music Conference Organizational Contest on Friday, March 10, 2017! Way to go. Continuing the tradition of first place ratings for Beach Park Bands!
Our Mid-Winter Concert is coming up quickly. Here are the details!
1. Concert is Thursday, Feb. 23 at Beach Park Middle School in the Gym. Performance starts at 7:00pm.
2. Concert Attire: Symphonic Band - Uniforms. Concert Band - Black Pants/Shoes/Socks and White Shirt
3. Symphonic Band students need to be ready to go in the Band Room at 6:30pm (band room opens at 6:00 for uniforms)
4. Concert Band students will meet in the cafeteria at 6:30pm.
5. We have all worked very hard to insure a quality performance. Attendance is required of each band member, and is a significant part of your child's grade. If you student becomes ill before the concert, PLEASE contact us immediately. Each child plays an important part in the ensemble.
We look forward to seeing you all at our concert!
-Mrs. Grabot & Mrs. Eikenberry
Terra Herberger, an 8th grade bass clarinet player at Beach Park Middle School, was selected to participate in the second annual All-Illinois Junior Band, which took place at the University of Illinois Campus in Champaign, Illinois during Martin Luther King Jr. weekend.
While hundreds of students from all over the state applied, only 80 were accepted to participate in this highly selective ensemble through a rigorous blind audition process. These students spent many hours in rehearsal on Friday and Saturday, January 13 and 14th, with prolific composer, arranger and director, Douglas Akey. The students performed an amazing Saturday afternoon concert in the Foellinger Great Hall at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, with guest performance by the Vernon Hills High School Wind Ensemble. The All-Illinois Junior Band performed Triumphant Fanfare by Richard Saucedo, Appalachian Morning by Robert Sheldon, Blue Ridge Reel by Brian Balmages, and Tales of the Emerald Isle and Wild Dance, both composed by Douglas Akey.
90 pounds of pasta, 80 pounds of beef, 70 pounds of salad, 30 gallons of sauce and 190 musicians - NOW we are talking about a good time!!!
Dinner Concert Thursday, 5:00 - 8:00pm. All-you-can-eat pasta and more music than you can shake a baton at!!
$9 in advance, $10 at the door.
See you on Thursday at Beach Park Middle School!
Good morning, Happy New Year, and welcome back!
We have a few quick items of note:
1. Cadet and Beginner Band have their first concert of the year NEXT THURSDAY, JANUARY 12 at 6:30 in the BPMS GYM. Cadet students need to wear jeans and their blue band shirts, and be in the band room ready to warm up at 6:00. We have spent a lot of time preparing music this year! Please note that band is a performance based class, so concert attendance is required; concerts also make up 40% of your student's grade.
2. Please mark your calendars also for Thursday, January 26 for the Beach Park Band Boosters Annual Spaghetti Dinner. This is a HUGE fundraising event, for parents and students alike. The event takes place from 5 - 8 PM, with all-you-can-eat spaghetti and salad, with drinks and desserts included. Our BPMS band students will be providing small group entertainment for the evening, with all 6th grade Cadet Band students performing between 5 and 6:00 PM. Tickets will go on sale for this event soon, and each band student will be given 5 tickets to sell, $9 in advance or $10 at the door. Students all have music that they need to be preparing, so please do not be afraid to ask to hear it!
Thank you and have a great week!